Monday, February 27, 2012

Wine, paninis, and a view.

The upside to being on a a job hunt is that our new little "family" actually has time to enjoy this beyond gorgeous weather that we've been having. I'm talking blue skies and 60 degree weather. Such a NICE change from the first three weeks here when it was FREEZING.

On Friday, as a prelude to the weekend, we made the hike up to Piazzale Michelangelo with some bottles of wine and a few paninis. It's about a 30 minute walk from our apartment, but so worth the 500 stairs your have to climb to get there. If you don't believe me, just check out the pictures.

I have been up there before, but in the bright daylight. This time, we watched the sunset and got to see the panorama of the city at nighttime. I love Florence at night almost as much as I love it during the day-- the streets are so well lit, and everything still looks as gorgeous as ever. It also makes me feel so safe, even while heading home from the bars at four in the morning.


Right by our apartment!


We <3 wine.


Cheers!



Firenze at night... in love.

3 comments:

  1. I was sold at wine. Paninis and a view are purely just a bonus ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Just how I remember it and that was eons ago! Great pictures! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...